Friday, March 25, 2011

Drinking in San Francisco - Part 3

My last drinking stop was more of a shopping stop. City Beer is another well-known San Francisco beer venue. They have an excellent selection of beer, and 6 taps. You can open any bottle of beer they carry and drink it in the store for a corkage fee of $1. I was there two times, and both times, they had a fair number of people in the store, just tasting and enjoying their beer. The entire thing made for a very fun shopping experience.

I simply *had* to buy some beer, of course, to bring back. (Plus, the guys at Black Oak promised to trade me some Nutcracker Porter for Pliny the Elder, and I really love that porter!)

Bringing beer back involved buying some really expensive packaging, and a lost bag, but all was well in the end, and I was reunited with my beer. Here's what I bought.



One bottle of Pliny has already been drunk, two are on reserve for the crew at Black Oak, which leaves me one precious bottle. A special occasion must be devised for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment