Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cask! November Social



1.45pm yesterday found me queuing up at Dora's to attend Cask's November social. What a blast!

3 casks were on offer. I started with a half-pint of the Mill Street ESB, followed it up with a half-pint of the Black Oak Hop Bomb, and finished with a full pint of the Black Oak Nutcracker Porter. All very tasty beers, but my personal favorite was the Nutcracker Porter, which had a beautiful peat/charcoal smokiness, a lovely dark color, and was just honestly perfection. (The Nutcracker Porter should be amazing with cheese as well. Mmm, drooling.)

I also met a whole bunch of Toronto beer celebrities! Very cool.

Next month's social is at the Victory Cafe, which is good incentive for me to move the Beer Lovers monthly event there. All good!

No comments:

Post a Comment