Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Ramblings

It's Friday, I'm ready for some down-time. My week was filled with beer events, which made for some long days. (Due to the unfortunate necessity of a full-time job.)

Weekly round-up:

Monday - headed to the opening of the Beer Boutique. Munched on free food (love!) and drank Great Lakes Crazy Canuck. (Double-love!)

Tuesday - weekly trivia. No beer was consumed. (Whoa! But at this point, I'd been drinking for 5 days in a row, and stopping felt pretty essential.)

Wednesday - Toronto Beer Lovers event at the Twisted Kilt. I tried a glass of the cask - Black Oak Summer Saison, but I think it was a few days past its prime. Then switched to Black Oak Pale. (A multitude of people have been unenthusiastic about the Twisted Kilt. I sort of understand. The cask went there on June 9, we drank it on June 15. I'm iffy on 6-day cask. Even the Pale Ale didn't taste as good as it should have.)

Thursday - exciting! A Toronto Beer Week volunteer meeting. I don't know how useful I am at these things, but I love sitting and listening to the hundreds of logistical details that need to be worked out for an event like this.

Other things going on:

- I read a really interesting article about Japanese craft beer. Japan's never been on the top of my travel list, but it definitely moved up a little based on this article.
- I'm going to Denmark in a few weeks to visit a friend, and need to decide where and what I should drink in Copenhagen.
- I'm planning a OCB Summer Seasonal pub crawl. This will involve lots of phoning breweries and logistics. Like!
- Business cards - I need them for the Toronto Beer Lovers. It's hard to have conversations with bar owners and managers without a business card.
- This weekend promises awesomeness - Saturday, a half-keg of Black Oak 10 Bitter Years. Sunday - an OCB Craft Beer Week event at Bryden's.

That's my week in review.

No comments:

Post a Comment