Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Garrison at Rhino




Just in case you think all I do is grumble about the state of beer in Toronto, here's a shiny, happy entry.

I'd read the Bartowel post about a whole lot of Garrison bottles at the Rhino, then my friend Anna mentioned she'd tried some, and so, of course, I *had* to go.

Anna and me got to the Rhino a week ago. We found a spot on the patio, and split three bottles between us. (Yes, that seems a bit lame. But alas, we both had to be at work the next day.)

The Jalepeno Ale was good, if a tiny bit of a stunt beer. (I can't see myself drinking more than a half-bottle.) The Hop Yard Pale Ale was *excellent.* Many bottles of this lie in my future. We finished with the Black IPA (no photo, too dark for my camera phone to take pictures...)

The prices were super-reasonable. We paid about $5 for our regular size bottles of the Jalapeno Ale and the Hop Yard Pale Ale, and about $8 for the 750ml bottle of the Black IPA. Good for the Rhino!

I definitely need to head back - to re-taste the Black IPA, and make my way down the rest of the Garrison's list. However, OCB Week is fast approaching, and there's a ton of events happening. Here's hoping there'll still be bottles left at the end of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment