Thursday, June 16, 2011

In which I write an email...

A full review of Mondial will follow at some point, but right now, my camera is dead, and I can't pull photos from it.

Instead, I'll talk about Moonlight Brewing.

I was introduced to Moonlight at Toronado in San Francisco. They had the Death and Taxes on tap, I tried it, loved it, and wanted to buy some to bring back to Toronto. But, alas - they weren't sold in bottle form, and were only available at a handful of bars in the San Francisco area.

But then, at Mondial, I ran into it again, in bottle form, and my hopes were raised. So, I wrote Brian an email yesterday.

> Hi Brian:
>
> I'm a big fan of Death and Taxes (the beer, not the life events). Just
> had it in bottle form at Mondial - I didn't think you bottled at all.
> Do you have distribution in the East Coast somewhere? I live in
> Toronto (and I'm pretty sure it isn't available here) - but trekking
> down to the States to grab some would be doable.
>
> Cheers,
> Reethi


Ah, sweet, hopeful Reethi.

Brian wrote back this morning. (Moonlight is a a one-guy operation, Brian brews, delivers, kegs, etc. I must investigate brewery economics more!)


From: Brian Hunt
Date: Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 9:43 AM
Subject: Re: Bottles at Mondial?


Hello Reethi,
Thank you for the kind words!
I'm busted! I don't bottle. I wanted to send beer to the Mondial, and they would only take bottles. I had to fill kegs and drive them to another brewery to bottle. It was far more crude than I had hoped and some bottles had significant flavor changes. I am relieved that you seemed to get some of the better samples!
That said, I don't have plans to bottle nor ship that far. Who knows the future, but certainly it would not be wise to hold your breath!
Best wishes,
Brian


Crushed!

(Though, the locovore in me is delighted that although we live in a world where you can get strawberries and mangoes in the middle of winter, you still can't get Moonlight on the East Coast. Makes the trip to San Francisco extra-special.)

No comments:

Post a Comment